And download TWRP recovery image file below:
Download TWRP Recovery Moto G4
To instal this Recovery, you'll need an unlocked bootloader and flash them from fastboot mode.
Recomended reading: Flashing disk image to specific partion with adb fastboot tool.
For practical use, You can follow instruction below wich is written on STechGuide site.
Then we declaring: "YOU ON YOUR OWN" don't blame me for your doing. You're not KID anymore, ain't you?
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G4 Plus
Attention: Image in this tutorial also belong to STechguide
Install TWRP on Moto G4 Plus
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
6) With above command, you installed the custom recovery on Moto G4 Plus.
Root Moto G4 Plus
TWRP is working fine but on many devices flashing SuperSu causes Bootloop for now so don’t try to root if you don’t know how to recover from bootloop.
1) To Root Moto G4 Plus, first, download the SuperSu zip file from above.
2) Now save the SuperSu zip file to your phone.
3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Moto G4 Plus.
5) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Moto G4 Plus and install custom recovery on Moto G4 Plus successfully.
Those steps are the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G4 Plus with easy steps.