Lineage OS for OnePlus One is a great alternative comparing to other custom ROMs as it provides a faster and smoother Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS experience. If you want to learn more about this release, then you should check the XDA site from here.
Before starting the installation process please all the requirements from below in case you want to complete this operation successfully.
This custom ROM based on Nougat 7.1.1 OS can be successfully installed only on the OnePlus One series devices. So, do not attempt to update any other smartphones with the files that you will find in this post.
Your, Oneplus One has to be rooted and should have have installed a custom recovery. You can use TWRP recovery or CWM recovery or Philz recovery, but we recommend you to use TWRP instead.
In order to correctly install this ROM you will need to wipe the data and factory reset your smartphone. This step is included in the tutorial and it means that you will have to backup all your files using cloud storage services, a SD Card or a PC if you want your files to be in save hands.
Lastly the most important requirement is to check the battery status on your phone and if it shows less than 20% you will have to plug in the charger before doing anything else.
Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
If you done and fully understand what was state above, then go ahead!
1. Download Lineage OS Nougat for OnePlus One
Android 7.1.1 Nougat is a major update so, it is required by the Lineage Team to connect your Oneplus One to a Wi-Fi network to be able to download the ROM with high speed.
Choose the latest built one.
2. Download Gapps for Lineage OS
Since, you are interested to update your Oneplus one to Android 7.1.1 Nougat using a custom ROM as it is Lineage OS ROM you need to download and flash Google Apps in order to be able to use any Google services.
Or choose other package module here
3. Installing Lineage OS on Oneplus One
How to install Lineage OS 14.1 on Oneplus One? Here it is you should do.
If it the first time installing Lineage OS, do the following steps:
1. Place your files into sdcard and turn off.
2. Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery as mentioned before.
3. Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
4. First flash the OnePlus One Lineage ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device storage or sdcard.
5. Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and flash the Lineage Nougat GApps package. Make sure you don't reboot into system.
6. Now, reboot to system and enjoy the Nougat 7.1 Lineage ROM for OnePlus One.
Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage OS for OnePlus One
1. Copy the latest OnePlus One Lineage ROM ZIP file to your phone.
2. Boot into Recovery.
3. Flash the latest CM ROM ZIP from your phone.
4. Then flash the Lineage 14.1 Nougat GApps package.
That's it and complete the initial setup. And now, time to enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 of Lineage OSfor OnePlus One.
If you found this tutorial usefull, please share it to your friends. And consider to left your comment, i'll apreciate it. You can also asking in the comment box if you have some stuff you don't understand, don't hesitate!
You can nable native root acces on Lineage OS from Developer options menu by following this guide. It explain in detail steps. You can also replace it with SuperSU if you would.